Having THE wedding dress

Posted in

For the past few months, I have more or less decided on a couturier. We are even scheduled to finalize the design and pay the DP when we go back to PH next week!

But then my aunt, who happens to make bridal gowns and would be our ninang sa kasal too, offered to make my gown. And since we are already way over our initial budget, we are grabbing every opportunity we get to save some $$$!;) So now, we're sorta back to 1st base again... I, once again, started collecting gown inspirations, and sent them all to my aunt.

Picking a design was a bit tough for me... Is that just me, or are there other bride-to-bes out there like me? I can't seem to decide which gown I want to wear for my wedding.. Haha! I see quite a LOT of good ones. So how can I be expected to just pick ONE??! Haha!! And like I said in my previous blog, I hate that I'm being fickle-minded these days...:(

And so, while browsing wedding sites to look for gown inspirations, I came across this Wedding Attire Guide from WNC Brides. This guide somehow reassured me that the designs I picked suit my body type.

I hope this article also helps other bride-to-bes get closer in finding/having THE wedding dress...:)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wedding Attire Guide
WNC Brides


Hourglass Body Type:
This body type is marked by wide shoulders, full bust, narrow waist and wide hips.

What type of dress to choose:
Focus on an A-line or Princess dress with a drop waist. Using a sweetheart or plunging neckline (not too revealing) will accent the bodice. Strapless is another option.

Avoid using too much detail on the bodice or skirt.



Pear Body Type:
This body type is defined by narrow shoulders and small bust with wider hips.

What type of dress to choose:
You'll want to choose a dress with a bodice to elongate the trunk, full sleeves to balance out the body, or a Princess like dress that will shrink hips.

Avoid dresses that are very full, heavy ornamentation near the hips, sheath dresses, or high necklines.



Inverted Triangle Body Type:
This body type is defined by broad shoulders, full bust, heavy upper arms, and a narrowing hips.

What type of dress to choose:
Bring the attention below the waist by using an elongated bodice with a drop waist. Spaghetti straps or a scoop neckline will shorten shoulder width.

Avoid puffed sleeves, shoulder pads or halter tops.




Slim Rectangle Body Type:
Here the shoulders and hips are very similar in their width with little definition on the waist.

What type of dress to choose:
Due to a lack of waistline pick a dress that creates the illusion of a waist with a gathered or pleated skirt and a natural or sashed waistline.

Avoid sheath dresses that create a more boxy appearance.




Wide Rectangle Body Type:
Defined as a nearly straight up and down body shape, the figure is a wider version of the slim rectangle.

What type of dress to choose:
Try to elongate the trunk and diminish a broad waist. Choose a dress with a bodice or empire waist and A-line skirt.

Avoid dresses with natural waistlines, tight waists for belts.

**Note: All pictures courtesy of Brides.Com

xoxo,

This entry was posted on Thursday, April 23, 2009 and is filed under . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails