Story behind our venue

Posted in , , , , ,

From our WEDsite, I already mentioned that we originally wanted to have our wedding reception at Fernbrook Gardens. And then for the church ceremony, maybe have it at St. James in Alabang (I really fell in love at first sight with this church) or just use the chapel inside Fernbrook. That was my dream wedding...

But then, when we had our occular visit last December, I was surprised at my reaction.. I didn't get all excited as I expected (for people who know me, they know how "excited" I can get when something really made me happy)... For all the Fernbrook brides, don't hate me!;) ehehe!! The place IS definitely grand! You can really see the elegance of the place. Like I said, I was also surprised with my reaction.. Maybe I just got up on the wrong side of the bed that morning or something??... Or maybe I just got a little disappointed when we learned that despite making an appointment, the person we spoke to wasn't there that day to accommodate us?... Or that I couldn't help but notice some parts of the place is yet to be finished? Especially the gondola part which I really wanted from that place... I just felt that the place wasn't "it" for me...:(

The next day my family, Anthony (my fiance) and I went to Bulacan for my family's (post) Xmas party. Since we were already there in the north area, we decided to call Fernwood Gardens and see if they can accommodate us to see the place. They said yes, so we left the party a little early to make it around 6pm to Fernwood.

And just like the first (and only) time I was there (which was during my close friend's wedding way back 2007!) I fell in love with the place.. There's just something there, I don't know what, that makes me feel "excited"..:) Maybe it's that "garden" (paradise) feel of the place.. a little bit mystical.. but at the same time "homey" too... and I just love the hanging ferns! That's what I didn't see much of at Fernbrook: the ferns... Although I just recently read that Fernbrook has already added more plants to the place.. Maybe other people had the same thought as I did..

Just now, I suddenly realized the difference of the two for me: Fernwood is more "paradise", while Fernbrook is more like the "fairytale castle" with its Victorian and Russian inspired designs..;) Again, both are perfect venues for weddings.. it just depends on which "draws" you more..;)

That we were able to save more or less Php40K in choosing Fernwood I guess made the choice a little easier for us! Ahaha!:)

You can check some photos we took during our occular visits here.

xoxo,


P.S. Again, everything here is based on MY own taste and preferences only!;)

This entry was posted on Thursday, March 05, 2009 and is filed under , , , , , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

4 comments

Photogenic ang Fernwood. Cozy pa. Accessible too. :) Great choice, sis.

Really beautiful posting! Excellent imagination! You are Master! Have a nice weekend!

Fernwood bride here. You made the right choice sis. hehehe

thanks everyone for your comments!:) God bless!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails