I've never eaten soooo much food!

Posted in ,

January 2, 2009 - to date, I think I can honestly say I've never eaten as much food as I had on this day!.. ahahaha!!

Our day started with a lunch date with my fiance's college friends at Mr. Rockefeller in Greenbelt 3, Makati. I think it's been a while since the last time they got together, so since both Anthony and his friend, Brydon (who's also based here in Singapore) are both in PH for the Christmas holidays, they decided to have their "reunion". The group shared the Hot Spinach Dip for appetizer. And then Anthony and I each ordered a main course (just can't remember now what exactly).

After that, Anthony and I went straight to The Wedding Library at SM Megamall to meet with a cake supplier, Ms. Penny Llanera of The Pastry Studio. We really enjoyed chatting with her!:) Even if she mentioned that she was really, really busy that time of the year, we didn't see any sign from her that she was in any way in a hurry to talk to us. As a matter of fact, it was even the other way around! We were the ones who had to cut our chickahan short, because we had another appointment to go to! And then, she gave us 4 fondant cupcake samples which were really REALLY delicious!!! I've tasted some fondant cakes before, and I usually find it too sweet, so I end up eating a few bites only... But Ms. Penny's cupcakes were just perfect!!! Imagine, we almost finished all 4 cupcakes(remember we just came from LUNCH!)!! Our only concerns with her at that time were: 1) that she still wasn't an accredited cake supplier of Josiah's (which was then one of the caterers we were considering) so if we picked Josiah's (which we did!) then, we won't be able to get her cakes as part of our package... We'd need to get her cupcakes separately.. and 2) the cupcakes were a bit pricey for us.. well, only because we wanted all our guests to have a cupcake each..;) Until now, I still can't forget her cupcakes! And I'm still really trying to fit in her cupcakes in our budget so our guests could try them out too!!:) That's how much I love them!;)

Our next stop that day was in Fernwood Gardens for food tasting with Center Table Catering, Inc. and Josiah's Catering, Inc.!! Yes, food tasting for two caterers! We met with Center Table first. The food they had us sample was good. Anthony liked it already. I, of course, want to taste Josiah's first before I make any judgments..;) ehehe!! Unfortunately, since we've been eating since lunch, we were really only able to sample the food..

Next was with Josiah's. Of course we were uber full and bloated by then that I think we just had one bite per dish..:P Based on the food we sampled from both caterers, the food from Josiah's is a little better for me. Anthony is ok with both. (You can read how we picked our caterer on my next post)

After that... no, the eating doesn't stop there!.. ahaha!! After the food tasting we had to go meet Anthony's HS friend for dinner. We met them at Amici in Tomas Morato. We were not able to eat anymore! Ahaha!! We just chatted with them while they eat.. good thing they were pretty understanding about it!

And then, during dinner, I received a text from my friends, inviting us for a drink somewhere in Makati! Anthony and I still went there.. By then, we were able to have a couple of beers, and a few bites of pulutan!.. and, thankfully, that ends the eating...;) ahaha!!!

What a day, huh?!?!;)

xoxo,

This entry was posted on Monday, March 23, 2009 and is filed under , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails