Reporting Day#3 (May 1)

Posted in ,

May 1 - Labor Day... and hard labor we did! nyahaha!!!

My day started with me, my dad and my mom going from Las Piñas all the way to Silang, Cavite to have (this time) MY measurements taken by my aunt Tita Beth, who will be making my gown.. When we got there, she was still on her way home from CAGAYAN(!?), so we had to wait for her first. While waiting, my mom, my other aunt Tita Dahlie (also our PS*) and I discussed what I want for my bridal gown. I showed them my gown inspirations (see below, mostly taken from Brides.com). After arguing here and there (*sigh*), we more or less came out with something we all agree on. Since Tita Beth is not really a designer, I don't have a sketch/drawing to show you.. But like I said, these are my gown inspirations:

** Pictures courtesy of Brides.com

I told them I really want a "sexy" back (this I get my inspirations from Veluz), and a skirt with "bustings" (term I learned from Christine Go). To be perfectly honest, I'm still not 100% "sold" with the design we picked... but it's really pretty... It's just me.. I don't know what design would compliment my body built.. May pagka insecure lang rin po kasi talaga ako...:( But hopefully I'll have my 1st fitting this July 18, and I'm hoping once I see the gown on me, I'll get more excited and confident with my gown..:) If not, then there's still more time and I can still look for a designer! ahaha!!

Btw, I also brought the gown I bought from Tutuban for a little alteration. So after my Tita took my measurements and noted the alterations needed, we left for our "lunch date" with Tonio's family.

Pamamanhikan is a Filipino custom, where (if I'm not mistaken) the two families meet, get to know each other, and basically discuss all the wedding preparations. Usually the guy's family brings gifts and food to the girl's house. This is also (I guess) the time for the guy to formally ask the girl's parents for their daughter's hand in marriage.

However, since Tonio and I have already started with our wedding preps and are handling almost everything, we didn't have the "typical" pamamanhikan. We just wanted the two families to meet. And since I didn't want my mom to worry about the food preparation and clean up that comes after a gathering, I asked Tonio if we can just go to a restaurant with a secluded area so that we'll have some privacy while we have lunch and talk about whatever...:P ehehe!!

Tonio and I went for ocular inspection and to reserve tables the previous day. At first, we considered Luk Foo, it's a Chinese restaurant, and we both loved the food there. However, they wanted to place us on the main area, with the rest of the other customers. I told them we needed/wanted a bit of privacy. They (almost unwillingly) led us to their 2nd floor, where there are a lot tables empty. I wanted to stay at one of those tables where you can close it, to look like it's a separate room, but they said they can't. Then the place was also a bit dark, because the lights are off. And there were no aircons open. But still, I know the food is great there, and the prices reasonable, so I asked to reserve us tables.

Then, after our shoot with Wally Gonzales, we went to Hula Hula Seafood and Barbque House at West Gate to check the place out. They also didn't have any secluded area, but I was really pleased that they were willing to accommodate us and move tables around just to create a separate space that will give us some privacy. So we called Luk Foo to cancel our tables, and pre-ordered our food. We ordered: Jojo's Chicken Wings for Appetizer, Hawaiian Molo Sensation for Soup, Baby Shrimp Fried Rice, and then for the main dishes: Mess of Steaks, Mess of Fish, and Crab Maritess. Here are some pictures:




After lunch, we all went to my house for desserts. Then, Tonio and I went with his family to Duty Free for some shopping. After that, Tonio and I went back to Alabang for a courtesy call with one of our PS*. My mom and dad went with us. We chatted for a while, and quite surprisingly enjoyed the visit. It wasn't at all awkward nor was there any prolonged silence like I thought there would be..:) We even planned on just staying for 30 mins, and turned out we stayed for more than an hour at the least! After that, Tonio and I went straight to our main photographer, Paul Vincent's house in Quezon City to finalize and get our contract. We paid our balance for the DP. We also discussed our plans for the prenup shoot with him. And of course, again, a LOT of fun fun fun conversation!:)

We were not able to do an ocular check of hotels in Ortigas for our wedding preps venue becuase we left Paul Vincent's house very late already. But before going home, Tonio and I stopped at Amici along Tomas Morato for dinner.


So like I said, it was a LOOOONG and tiring day, but we sure had a LOT of fun and laughter this day!!...:)

For DAY 3, mission: (slightly) ACCOMPLISHED!;)

* PS - Principal Sponsor or more commonly called Ninang sa Kasal for Filipinos

xoxo,

This entry was posted on Wednesday, May 06, 2009 and is filed under , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

1 comments

hi sissy may nagustuhan ako dun sa gown inspirations u..pa-copy ako ha hehehe

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails