Our WEDsite

Posted in , , , ,

So I was thinking, after the "joining W@W" blog and the 2 articles about "getting married" blogs, what should I next blog about.. (Whew! a lot of "blog" word there.. Hihi!:)) And so I thought, why not about choosing and starting our very own wedding website!;)

The first time I learned of these sort of sites was from an ex-colleague. She was getting married (obviously!;)) and told us about their wedsite. Back then I was already excited of HOW I was doing mine when the time comes... Didn't know that "the time" would be a loooong time from then.. Hahaha!:)

So going back... now that "the time" has finally arrived I was ecstatic to get started!! Little did I know that it isn't as easy as it looks..

First of my "challenges" was choosing our website host. I honestly checked out a LOT, and subscribed to a few! Until my choices narrowed down to the two most common sites: MyWedding.Com and WeddingAnnouncer.Com.

Both sites are free and had their own pros and cons. With MyWedding.com, I like it that they have more variety of themes, which are better looking too. With WeddingAnnouncer.com hands down it has better page functionalities and have some planning tools too, which are very helpful with keeping couples better organized... So which one did we choose?....... BOTH! Ahaha!!:):):)

Well, actually we were able to launch our MyWedding WEDsite first. This will be our WEDsite for everybody. For the WeddingAnnouncer WEDsite, we're still trying to update it. Good thing too, as just recently something happened with their server(s) and lost everyone's pictures!:( Saved me some time and effort re-uploading our images. This site will probably be more for our wedding party and w@wies, since I can protect the pages with passwords..;)

Of course after deciding to keep both sites comes which theme to pick! We also changed themes numerous times, until we finally settled to the ones we are using now..;) And then comes what to post.. To date, the sites are undergoing continuous update.. But I'm enjoying updating it!

And so, that's the story behind our wedsites.. Ahaha!! Ang haba noh?..;) Grabe, WEDsite pa lang yan... **worried laugh** Like I said, it's a lot of work, but I'm enjoying it!:)

xoxo,

This entry was posted on Thursday, February 26, 2009 and is filed under , , , , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails